BLUEGRASS AREA DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT
Position Title: ACCOUNTING OFFICER
Position Status: FULL-TIME/SALARY
Supervisor: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
The Bluegrass Area Development District, one of fifteen multi-county Area Development Districts (ADD) in the Commonwealth of Kentucky is seeking an Accounting Officer to assist the Chief Financial Officer with daily financial duties. The primary objective of this position is to apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information; maintain the general ledger including posting and preparing opening, adjusting, and closing entries and monitor all accounts receivable accounts.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, documenting business transactions, and completes corresponding reconciliations.
- Maintains, reconciles monthly grant reports and communicates financial information to department heads and project managers.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by manangement.
- Communicates with external auditors and satisfies their requests for information.
- Receives time sheets and reviews for accuracy before entering into the accounting system.
- Generates and submits invoices for departments and maintains an Aging Accounts Receivable Report. Communicates outstanding invoices with department heads and implements a collections process.
- Codes and copies checks and makes daily bank deposits. Reconciles multiple bank statements monthly.
- Implements an inventory system by tracking and recording new equipment and dispositions on a monthly basis.
- Conducts month end closing of the general ledger and produces financial reports.
- Works closely with management in the preparation and reconciliation of 1099’s and W-2’s.
Other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of financial and governmental accounting principles.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and multiple accounting software programs.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details.
- Analytical problem solving ability.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines.
Educational/Experience Requirements needed to perform the duties of the job:
- Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Eight to ten years of experience (preferred in public accounting)
- Proven experience with accounting software programs.
Deadline for submitting resumes: Open until position is filled
Submit resumes to: Kim Fry, Human Resources
***BLUEGRASS AREA DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION.***