Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Supervisor: Executive Director
Location Address: 699 Perimeter Drive, Lexington, Kentucky 40517
Part Time ________ Hourly _____ Full Time __X____ Salaried __X____
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage overall accounting and finance functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, coding classifications, Medicaid billing, inventory and daily departmental operations.
- Train, manage and provide leadership of professional and clerical financial staff.
- Prepare, maintain and reconcile annual budget to actual financials. Report budget for approval to the Finance and Executive Committee.
- Communicate and provide financial information to department heads and project managers.
- Review and approve all accounts payable transactions for accuracy and compliance.
- Compile, analyze, investigate, reconcile and review all financial information for errors, inconsistencies, fraud, accuracy and compliance.
- Responsible for preparing journal entries to correct the general ledger.
- Conducts month end closing of the general ledger and produces financial reports.
- Assisting staff with preparing and reconciling W-2’s and 1099’s at calendar year end.
- Accountable/responsible for audits and monitoring from initiation to completion.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and practiced.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the Finance and Executive Committees.
- Ensure compliance with GASB, GAAP as well as rules and regulations regarding federal, state and local grants.
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly and annual reports to grantors as requested.
- All other financial duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication.
- Knowledge of financial and governmental accounting principles.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and multiple accounting software programs.
- Able to work with little to no supervision and lead/manage staff.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details.
- Analytical problem solving ability.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality with private information such as payroll, personnel records, etc.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 10 – 15 years of related experience.
Deadline: Open until filled
Submit resumes to: Kim Fry, Human Resources Director firstname.lastname@example.org